A facility manager manages a company’s biggest assets with the largest operating budget. This profession contains numerous disciplines to ensure comfort, functionality, efficiency, and safety of the built environment by incorporating places, procedures, people, and technology. A program of facilities management teaches the current facilities management techniques, methods, and strategies that facility managers can start implementing immediately. A good facility management training program is developed to provide modern, practical, and comprehensive FM knowledge and skills to professionals worldwide. Upon earning the credential offered by this program, a person can easily prove to customers, employers, and co-workers that they have attained today’s global standard.
Why Is Facility Management Highly Relevant Today?
The facility management domain is expanding at an unprecedented pace. The roles of facility managers are also widening, and now they cover more responsibilities and skills. Facility management budgets and teams are also becoming large and highly impactful. This is because today’s built environment is a major part of the way today’s society carries business and lifestyles. Many new social trends have emerged that are highly rooted in and influenced by facility management. These trends include the following:
● The rise of IoT or the internet of things.
● Building automation or tracking.
● Engagement of employees.
● Wellness, health, and individual well-being.
● The rapidly developing information technology infrastructure.
● Constantly developing real estate models.
● Sustainability and environmental influence
Many programs aid in supporting the FM profession. Some of the salient features of an excellent facility management training program include the following:
● The program goes beyond the conventional definition of FM to reflect all skills and knowledge needed by the facility managers today.
● The program is based on 19 functional knowledge areas and five cross-functional competencies.
● The program not only concentrates on improving the knowledge but also on developing real-life skills that affect your job.
● It reflects the globalisation of the facility management domain by the integration of international FM ISO 41000 standards.
Some Essential Skills of Facility Managers
Reliable facility managers possess a great skillset. It includes the following qualities:
● Technological creativity – With the rise of technological solutions, it’s essential to find a creative blend of tech tools to perfectly align with the facility’s requirements.
Facility managers regularly deal with a lot of challenges. All these challenges demand creative resolutions from them. This is how they build an innovative workplace.
● Compassion – A facility management professional knows how to put themselves in the shoes of their employees and guests. So, their main focus is on forging a happy and healthy work environment. They can deal with people efficiently. They also know how to guide their staff by example and be there for them whenever the need arises.
● Adaptability – Professionals in this field should be able to deal with urgent situations speedily. Moreover, they should be able to do so with a calm and collected demeanour.
● A datadriven mindset – Today, facility managers add value by analysing how facilities spend, service quality, and contractor performance. There’s also a need to identify cost outliers and improvement areas proac tively. Facility managers should know how to leverage the data available by using suitable facility management tools.
A good facility management course allows you to set yourself apart from others. You can thus confidently showcase your skills to others and gain more credibility in your professional network.
Author: KIARA MAC